About the Program
The Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program is designed to strengthen the leadership and management capacity of individuals working in or with nonprofit organizations. The program gives participants the skills necessary to respond to the complex challenges and opportunities facing their organizations and communities. Designed as an experiential leadership lab, this program provides a stimulating and supportive climate for exploring the pressing issues facing current and future nonprofit leaders.
Each participant takes part in a sequence of class sessions that explore the various aspects of nonprofit management and undertakes a capstone management project that addresses a major organizational issue or need. The program also gives participants the opportunity to create a network of local, national and international nonprofit leaders committed to working across organizations, communities, and sectors to address public needs. Many of our former students have found these networking opportunities to be invaluable.
- Learn about the current trends, challenges, and promising practices in nonprofit management
- Learn strategic practices for leading and managing change
- Develop leadership tools necessary to influence policy decisions, encourage collaboration, and build coalitions
- Explore strategies for building and sustaining partnerships
- Strengthen the capacity to lead in a diverse society
- Become part of a local-to-global network of over 1,200 nonprofit leaders
The following session topics are included in the Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program:
- Overview of the Nonprofit Sector
- Characteristics of High-Impact Nonprofits
- Strategic Planning
- Social Impact Evaluation
- Financial Management
- Resource and Fund Development
- Private-Nonprofit Partnerships
- Managing Organizational Change
- Human Resources
- Motivating and Retaining Employees
- Volunteer Management
- Advocacy in the Public Interest
- Marketing and Communications
The Certificate Program is taught at the graduate level. Students enrolling in the Spring session will earn 7.2 continuing education units. Students enrolling in the Summer session will earn 6.4 continuing education units.
Tuition for the Certificate Program is $5,250. Scholarships are available.