Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate
We have a rolling application process, with the final deadline to apply for our Spring 2023 Certificate Program on January 4, 2023.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program is designed to strengthen the leadership and management capacity of individuals working in or with nonprofit organizations. The program gives participants the skills necessary to respond to the complex challenges and opportunities facing their organizations and communities. Designed as an experiential leadership lab, this program provides a stimulating and supportive climate for exploring the pressing issues facing current and future nonprofit leaders.
As a cohort, participants take part in a sequence of online class sessions that explore the various aspects of nonprofit management and skills and tools needed for leading in uncertain times.
Each individual participant undertakes a capstone management project that addresses a major organizational issue or need.
The program also gives participants the opportunity to create a network of local, national and international nonprofit leaders committed to working across organizations, communities, and sectors to address public needs. Many of our former students have found these networking opportunities to be invaluable.
To meet some of our faculty, click the links below:
- Make decisions during times of uncertainty that will ensure organizational sustainability.
- Lead a strategic planning process, from mission clarification and goal setting to implementation.
- Manage organizational change to adapt to changing conditions, internal and external.
- Create strategic communications that can turn empathy into action to advance your mission.
- Develop effective and equitable human resource systems for motivating, managing, and retaining staff.
- Become part of a local-to-global network of over 1,700 nonprofit leaders
Schedule and Deadlines
Spring 2023 Virtual Program:
February 9-11, March 9-11, and April 13-14 (8-day program)
Application deadline: January 4, 2023
rolling admissions process
Summer 2023 In-Person Program:
June 10-17 (8-day program)
Application deadline: April 28, 2023
rolling admissions process
The following session topics are included in the Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program:
- Issues & Trends in the Nonprofit Sector
- Characteristics of High-Impact Nonprofits
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluating Social Impact
- Financial Management
- Resource and Fund Development
- Building Resilient Organizations
- Talent Management and Leadership
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Advocacy in the Public Interest
- Leading Systems Change
- Strategic Communications
The Certificate Program is taught at the graduate level. Students will earn 6.4 continuing education units.
Tuition for the Certificate Program is $5,600. Scholarships are available.