Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Our Summer 2020 Program will be offered online. We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis. Apply here.
The Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program is designed to strengthen the leadership and management capacity of individuals working in or with nonprofit organizations. The program gives participants the skills necessary to respond to the complex challenges and opportunities facing their organizations and communities. Designed as an experiential leadership lab, this program provides a stimulating and supportive climate for exploring the pressing issues facing current and future nonprofit leaders.
As a cohort, participants take part in a sequence of online class sessions that explore the various aspects of nonprofit management and skills and tools needed for leading in uncertain times.
Each individual participant undertakes a capstone management project that addresses a major organizational issue or need.
The program also gives participants the opportunity to create a network of local, national and international nonprofit leaders committed to working across organizations, communities, and sectors to address public needs. Many of our former students have found these networking opportunities to be invaluable.
To meet some of our faculty, click the links below:
- Learn about the current trends, challenges, and promising practices in nonprofit management
- Learn strategic practices for leading and managing change in uncertain times
- Develop leadership tools necessary to influence policy decisions, encourage collaboration, and build coalitions
- Strengthen the capacity to lead in a diverse society
- Become part of a local-to-global network of over 1,500 nonprofit leaders
Schedule and Deadlines
App. deadline: May 1, 2020
rolling admissions process
The following session topics are included in the Nonprofit Management Executive Certificate Program:
- Landscape of the Nonprofit Sector
- Characteristics of High-Impact Nonprofits
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluating Social Impact
- Financial Management
- Resource and Fund Development
- Managing Organizational Change
- Building a Talent-Oriented Culture
- Advocacy in the Public Interest
- Strategic Communications
The Certificate Program is taught at the graduate level. Students enrolling in the Summer session will earn 6.4 continuing education units.
Tuition for the Certificate Program is $4,200. Scholarships are available.